Yesterday I presented the plaintiff’s reasons why I should not be allowed to transition from male to female. It was an honest, even damning, list.
But my female identity, as the defendant in this case, gets the last word.
So, here are the reasons which support transition:
1. The defendant has experienced a life-long desire to become female which has varied in intensity. That desire has now become persistent and overwhelming in the past two years.
2. The defendant has discerned that sexuality and arousal became containers for gender identity issues at the onset of puberty, masking a deep transsexuality for many years. Now admitting and accepting transsexuality as a permanent condition, the defendant wishes to make a clean separation between arousal and gender identity, a process which requires at least some degree of gender reassignment.
3. The defendant’s honest discomfort with masculine societal roles is extensive, also life-long, and unlikely to diminish or dissipate without some degree of feminization in body and societal roles.
4. The defendant has realized that emotional connectedness to the world is severely inhibited by the effects of masculinizing hormones. Physical transition to womanhood represents a worthwhile path to regaining and enhancing empathy and emotional availability.
5. Continuing masculinity represents, to the defendant, a path to stagnation and personal entropy. Transition offers the opportunity to make desired personal improvements and a renewed vitality for life.
6. The defendant recognizes that the sexual distractions inherent in masculine hormones are highly detrimental to living a whole life. Transition to womanhood offers the virtual guarantee of release from the debilitating grasp of shallow masculine sexuality.
7. Maintaining and projecting a masculine persona is inherently deceptive for the defendant, who desires to meet the world in the most honest way possible. Obtaining a life as a female represents the most honest way for the defendant to meet the world, and honesty is required for healthy relationships of all types, including those within the immediate family.
8. The defendant has worn women’s clothing and rehearsed a feminine persona regularly for decades, finds great pleasure, comfort, peace, wholeness and soundness in it, and would benefit significantly from bringing that personality and preference out to the world.
9. The defendant acknowledges the presence of a feminine seed within that, despite any indications to the contrary, has always been present and is now ready to be cultivated and allowed to blossom. Further, the defendant realizes the extraordinary efforts and sacrifices which will be required to make this process a success, and is willing to commit to it with a whole heart.
(Up next, instructions to the jury, and your chance to vote…)